1. Start blogging from today.
4. If you are low on budget use custom ***.blogspot.com or ***.wordpress.com
6. Choose a blog name which is easy to remember and spell. Your blog name and domain name should be the same. If possible use keywords in your blog name.
7. If buying a domain name try to get a .com or .net domain name.
9. Optimize your blog title, keywords and description for better rankings.
10. Optimize your blog template for faster loading and indexing your blog quickly in search engines.
11. Use plugins if you use WordPress.
13. Use widgets if you use blogspot.
14. Too many plugins and widgets may slow down your blog.
16. Use google related links widget [only invites].
17. Add Popular Post and Recent Post widget.
18. Use subscription widget.
20. Customize your footer with functional links.
22. Don’t display your subscription count [chicklet] at an early stage.
23. Pick your niche carefully and stick to it.
24. Be an expert in your niche.
25. Write what you love to.
27. Share what you know.
28. Share what worked for you.
29. Share what didn’t worked for you.
31. Write unique and informative article.
32. Avoid duplicate contents.
33. Write for your readers and search engines.
34. Use simple language, so it’s easy for readers to understand.
35. Improve your writing. Read Copyblogger or Problogger.
36. Don’t fake it. Be original.
37. Give readers what they want.
38. Read other blogs in your niche and expand your vision.
39. Subscribe to other blogs in your niche.
40. Write at least one post a day or 5 post in a week.
41. Slow down your post frequency per day if you have just entered blogging.
42. Don’t chunk articles by long post. Break them into para’s.
43. Use bold heading or large fonts or bullets and numbers wherever required.
44. Be precise.
45. Be patient.
46. Learn and Practise SEO.
47. Avoid Black Hat SEO.
48. Black Hat SEO can penalize your blog by de-indexing your blog from search engines.
49. Use fonts that are easy to read. Try using Georgia with 13px.
50. Use images wherever required. It’s not necessary to use images in every post.
51. If posting large images, compress the with an online tool such as smushit.com or use any offline converter.
52. Try not to use images in templates. This will reduce some load time of the blog.
53. Use keywords in post.
54. Proofread you article twice. If not satisfied read it thrice.
57. Always back up your blog template and articles.
58. Whenever customizing your blogger template, download the current one as a backup if anything goes wrong.
59. If you are using WordPress, use a premium theme. Go for thesis one.
60. Use tags or labels.
61. Categorize your post for better navigation.
62. Add an “about me” or “about blog” page.
63. Add a “contact” page.
64. Optimize your sidebar.
66. Submit your blog to popular blog directories like blogcatalog.
67. Participate in online forums of your related niche.
68. Use your website link as a signature in dofollow forums.
69. Add an about author widget below every blog post.
70. Ask question to your readers and answer questions of your readers.
71. Do a keyword research on your blog.
72. Inter link post wherever required.
73. Check your web stats regularly.
75. Use Google Webmasters Tools.
77. If you have a good readership, monetize your blog.
78. Don’t monetize your blog too early.
80. Monetizing is not going to make you a millionaire overnight.
81. Adsense works best with high traffic blogs such as this one.
82. Don’t ask your readers to click ads. You don’t wanna to kick your own ass.
83. CPC are high on niche blogs.
84. Don’t ever use pop up or pop under ads on your blog if you don’t want to irritate your visitors.
86. Comment on related niche blogs.
87. Always read the full article and give your opinion.
88. Do not spam.
89. Update your profile and get a gravatar.
91. If it’s getting too spamy make it a nofollow blog.
93. Avoid commenting on A-list blog when you are new to blogging.
94. Enable comment luv on your blog.
96. Reply to comments on your post.
97. Visit your commenter’s site.
98. Leave relevant comment. No one cares you unless you are Darren Rowse or John Chow.
99. Write Reviews.
100. Connect with other blogger via networked blogs or Facebook.
101. Optimize your popular articles for search engine traffic.
102. Improve your writing and write guest post on other blogs.
103. Check this list for blogs that accepts guest post.
104. Add a co-blogger.
105. Start guest post on your blog.
106. Technorati and Stumbleupon are useful
107. Digg is useless.
108. Promote your blog with HubPages, Squidoo, SheToldMe and YouSayToo.
109. Always remember passion is the bridge to success.
110. And generosity is the key to build relationship.
Read more: http://www.shoutmeloud.com/111-blogging-tips-for-newbie-bloggers.html#ixzz1zxhPF8RR
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution No Derivatives